Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 1 of 3

Alright. I could talk about how today I worked a 13hour day and sat down for a total of 20 minutes all day to stuff my lunch in my face, or how I did not pee for 14 hours (i swear this job is going to give me a bladder infection), or how I dont even feel like a nurse anymore because I spend all my time figuring out this whole computer system and scanning medication barcodes... I could. BUT since I feel like all I do recently is talk about work, I'm not going to. (And I think I'm starting to scare Danielle with all my stories...) :)

Instead, I'm going to talk about my one patient: 50-something-year-old female, s/p liver transplant and the reasons I love her:
A.) She's a nurse practitioner (although this kinda makes me nervous - taking care of a fellow nurse esp as a new grad) and i have much respect for NP's
B.) She's in the Navy and I overheard her using military lingo, which totally make me smile. :)
C.) She's from Boston and has the cutest Boston accent. (And I'm such a sucker for Boston accents, I'm sure you can all figure out why)

So, military speak on top of a Boston accent = super cute. Plus, she was a really easy patient medically, which is always nice. Anyway, she brought a smile to my face. And thats all (the nice stuff) I have to share for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment