Thursday, December 24, 2009

hi ho, hi ho, its off to work we go

I love being a nurse, I really really do. And for the most part I love the hours - relatively flexible schedule; work 3 days, off for 4, and because of it, you can essentially get a week off without ever taking vacation time. What I do not love is the fact that the hospital never closes. I have worked the last 4 Thanksgivings and tomorrow will be my 4 Christmas I've had to go into work. (Not to mention the fact that I had to work during the blizzard last weekend when everyone else in the DC area was snowed in. They shut down everything from office buildings to public transit to the bars. But obv not the hospitals.) And this year my Christmas schedule is particularly crappy: work Wed, Thurs, Fri (Christmas day); off Sat; work Sun, Mon, Tues. I am just slightly depressed that instead of being at home with the fam and the little cousins right now, I'm alone in my apt trying to fall asleep b/c I have to be up in less than 5 hours to go to work. I just keep telling myself that I'm lucky I have a good job, I have fun co-workers and cute doctors to spend my days with, and for the most part I like my patients. Plus I get 5 days off for New Years. Siiiigh... I love my job. I make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...

No comments:

Post a Comment