Monday, January 11, 2010

ohhh boys

Sorry its been a while since the last post, nothing too exciting has been going on unfortunately. Christmas was good, I finished my stretch of days at work and it actually wasnt too bad since I'm friends with the doctor who was there most of the time so that definitely made coming into work way better. NYE was ok. We went to the waterfront where the bars there had open bar. It would've been tons of fun, had I not had to be sober mom the entire night and take care of my ridiculously drunken friends. oh well, it happens. The night all in all wasnt a total bust. :)

Anyway....

While catching up with a high school friend last week, we naturally ran across the subject of boys. We made a deal that if she had a DTR convo with the boy she's been dating for the last 3 months and figure out if they're boyfriend/girlfriend status, then I would ask out this boy that I like. I was all about it at the time of the convo since I do want to hang out with him and I do want to figure out if there's any potential, but now that its actually time to ask him out I am totally chickening out! Which is sooo not like me. Normally I'm the type of girl who can talk to a boy, no problem. I hate all that stupid crap where its like, "wait a minute, I was the one who texted him last" or "we just talked 2 days ago, I should probably wait another day before I talk to him." Its complete BS. If I want to talk to a guy, I'm gonna do it. I dont care. ...Well apparently now I care b/c I'm semi-freaking out just thinking about having to ask him to hang out. We've hung out before in a group setting out at a bar, and we may have done the late night hook up... :-p But the entire purpose of this deal that I made with my friend is to get me and this guy to spend time outside of a bar setting, get out of the random hook up mentality and actually just hang out with him. And as it turns out, this week is Restaurant Week in DC. Pretty perfect timing, dont you think? Now I just have to muster up the courage to ask him... Maybe dinner is a little too formal / date-ish? Maybe I should suggest a movie instead? ahhh I hate boys... (Actually I kinda hate myself for freaking out about this. I mean, he's just a stupid boy... :-p)

No comments:

Post a Comment