Thursday, December 3, 2009

thankful

Yes, I know this is a week late, but this is what I am thankful for this year and why. Here we go:

  • Family.... who live nearby and I can go see whenever I want, and aunts and uncles who wont stop having babies and continue to give me tons of adorable cousins :)
  • Wonderful friends.... monthly dinners, late night chats, DC shenanigans, and of course The Ocho.
  • A (well-paying) stable job.... yes, jobs are hard to find these days so I have been thankful for this ever since last january when I knew that I'd have a job for at least the next 2 years. But I also found out that my aunt, who recently bought a new house, just got laid off... 3 weeks before xmas... So yes. Thankful for employment
  • A job I LOVE... because really, how many people can say they truly LOVE what they do? I honestly cant imagine doing anything else with my life.**
  • My health and the health of my family and friends... not only do I get a daily reminder while at work of how lucky I am that we are all healthy, but 3 weeks ago a girl I was friends with in high school passed away from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. She was 26 years old. 26! (RIP Elizabeth.)
  • Living in the Washington DC area... fast-paced, great night life, you can always find something to do or see, beautiful scenery - what more could you want?
  • A great apt in a great location
  • An awesome roommate with whom I get along perfectly
  • Great co-workers who make going to work that much more enjoyable
  • Good doctors... unfortunately, our team currently isnt the strongest we've had, but I am thankful for the good doctors we do work with.
  • Shoes... and dresses... and purses... and all the fun things I have spent entirely too much money on the last couple months. :)
  • Really good wine... yes, I have abandoned my signature bottle of Andre and am currently exploring wine. Its quite delicious and I'm a fan.
  • Movie nights
  • Warm, sunny days
  • Friendly patients
  • Free drinks out at the bar
There are tons more, but right now that is all I can think of. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!


**sidenote in regards to the job i love: keep an eye out in the news b/c yesterday was the start of a 17-way kidney swap that we're doing at our hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment