Wednesday, December 16, 2009

doctor love

Instead of writing about how much I hate doctors I thought I'd write about this one doctor I love. Well, actually there are 2 doctors I love:

The 1st doctor (Dr. V) is actually a 4th year and I have known him since he was an intern and fresh out of med school and he's a lot of fun to work with. It amazes me how much he's improved as a doctor. All the other doctors turn to him for the answers and for advice and approval. I had an issue with a patient and when I walked into the doctors' room he was there along with the intern, the med students, and the 2 fellows. No one knew what to do so they all looked at him and he very calmly, nonchalantly just threw out the answer and they all agreed. Then the other day we were in the middle of a code and I was the recording nurse. The code was not very well run and everyone kinda seemed all over the place, plus the medicine resident couldnt get a fem line in the patient. Dr. V walked into the room, calmly asked for an update, and took control. (His confidence makes him all the more attractive.) He got the line in and then took the time to teach the other doctor and give him some pointers. He is awesome and I love him.

The 2nd (we'll call McCutie b/c that name fits him perfectly) I legitimately have a crush on, but for real reasons - not just because he is sooo cute. :) He's sweet, funny, and sarcastic. AND he is so freakin smart and even though he's just an intern he doesnt take shit from the other doctors. But he's not one of those arrogant, condescending doctors. He actually knows his shit and therefore has a right to not take shit from other doctors (which is hot :) ). Plus it doesnt hurt that he actually cares about the patients and has great bedside manner. Whenever I had an issue with a patient I knew that he would actually address situation. One night I had a patient who had a HR in the 130s and respiratory rate of 40 (40!!) while he was asleep but otherwise stable. I told him about it and within 10 minutes he was in the room with me assessing the patient. He's only an intern and already such a good doctor and it makes me sad that he's not on our service anymore. He actually reminds me of a younger version of Dr. V, which means he'll grow up to be a fantastic doctor, which again is just plain hot. :) Siiiigh.

Why cant all doctors be as good as these 2? Or better yet, why dont these 2 just stay on our service forever? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment