Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This is where I work

In case you havent heard/seen the news, GUH just finished up a 13-way kidney swap. Yes, if you're familiar with the Grey's episode where they did a kidney swap it's kind of like that. Only this is real life. (I get annoyed when people are like, "oh thats no big deal. they did that on Grey's." Riiight. If they thought it up for some primetime drama then clearly performing the actually surgeries is no big thing.) PSHT.

Anyway, it was originally going to be 16 or 17, I think, but for various reasons a few didnt work out so the final number was 13, which is still the largest ever in the country, and the only one to involve a child. Pretty cool. And yes, I personally have taken care of a number of the patients including the ones mentioned in the article and the ones interviewed in the video, which is also pretty cool. :)

Check out the video of their press conference too. It just warms my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment