Sunday, June 14, 2009

Skydiving!!

This weekend Ally and I went skydiving in the Poconos! It was so incredible! I highly recommend it to everyone. I was really afraid I was going to freak out but the anticipation of it all was much worse than the actual experience. Our instructors/jumpers/people we were attached to were super cool. Rob, my instructor, was awesome, kinda hippie-ish and very sarcastic which was good b/c that helped calm my nerves. (Although I can imagine his sarcasm totally freaking out a scared jumper.) We flew up in this tiny little plane that had no seats. We were just crammed in there sitting on the floor - it was so cramped I was sitting on Rob's lap. Ally and Kyle (her very cute instructor) thought it'd be fun and get into the plane first thus forcing me to jump first. Thanks, guys. So they fly up to 10,000 feet and the door opens (btw, I was sitting right next to the door. I'm talking my arm was resting on the door!) and then there's a huge gust of wind. My photographer, Pooky (also very cool), went out first and hung off the plane while I got ready to jump. Once that door opens everything happens so fast that you dont even have time to be scared. The next thing I knew I was falling; it was amazing.


our plane


Getting situated in the plane. Yep. That is where I sat. I told you, RIGHT next to the door.



Free falling.


Making it safely to the ground.


Jump Certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment