Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow - part 2

Isnt it funny how you take away the option/ability to do something and suddenly thats all you want to do? For example, I spend quite a few of my days off just relaxing and bumming around the apt and it usually quite enjoyable and much needed/deserved rest. Esp when its a fake day off, aka I worked the night before, and esp when my most recent shift was as crazy as the one I had last night. But of course today we have yet another blizzard warning for the DC area (and believe me, it is ridiculous out there) and thus I am stuck inside the apt and all I want to do is go out and do something. But alas I've been laying in bed under the covers about to go stir crazy because I'm afraid either my car wont make it 5 ft without getting stuck, OR mother nature will eat me alive in the snow storm.

Leaving the hospital at 0800 following a crazy night shift. Already blizzard-like conditions:


Streets were empty...


Probably b/c there was barely any visibility. Driving across the Key Bridge - you cant tell from the picture, but normally you would see tons of high rise buildings at the other end of the bridge:


My apt complex at approx 0830



But I do still love the snow! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on the east coast who is excited its STILL snowing. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment