Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Smile.


This is a card from one of our patients. J.M. is the cutest, sweetest, elderly man you will ever meet and just seeing him yesterday completely brightened my day. I posted this because:

a.) It brings an smile to my face and reminds me how unbelievably cute he is. He and his wife are adorable. I love seeing patients' spouses care for them and this couple is beyond precious. The two of them together just warms your heart. Their relationship is like one out of a fairy tale; it almost seems like its too perfect, too happy to be real.

b.) It reminds me of what kind of person he is and of the kind of person I want to be. He has the best attitude towards life. One morning I walked into his room and asked how he was doing (he had had a rough night). He said, "Well you know, I'm not feeling too great... But, the sun is shining and I'm alive, so I guess today isnt so bad!" He's so happy and always has a smile on his face, no matter what. And I want to be just like that.

c.) I remember exactly why I wanted to be a nurse in the first place. But you dont have to be saving lives to make a difference in one. This man brightened my day just by saying hi. A "kind word or a generous act, a tender touch or a friendly smile" can go a long way.

So if you're reading this and feeling down, or havent heard a 'thank you' or an 'I love you' yet today, consider this is mine -- Love you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment