Monday, April 20, 2009

Major case of the Mondays...

Today is gloomy and rainy (and cold!) which always makes me just want to lay in bed all day, but alas, I still have classes this week. Whoever thought it was a good idea for us to take that ATI test before classes finished clearly did not think things through. I've completely mentally checked out of school mode and now being in a classroom seems like a gigantic waste of time and I find myself resenting it. I am also so not a fan of feeling like I have no control over my life, which is a frequent sentiment lately. But I guess "we cant change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." (Randy Pausch reference, anyone? I know, I'm so lame, but he was a great speaker - look him up. :)) SO, instead of giving in to this yucky feeling, these are my current happy thoughts:
  • Mom comes home tomorrow, which means I'll go home this weekend and I get to see the family (hopefully the cousins too!), i get presents :), see the newly painted house, hang out with the bro, and play the piano (yay!!)
  • Our last day of clinical is this week and its only a half day!
  • Three weeks from today, I'll officially be done and have a BSN.
  • I finally have time to read again. I picked up a book that I started back in January and never got around to finishing. I almost forgot how much I enjoy leisurely reading.
  • I work tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks -- yes, this is a good thing. Work always has a way of getting me to forget whatever else is going on. You know that saying, "the best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up"? SO true! Taking care of patients is probably the best thing I can do when feeling kinda down. I dont know if its b/c you have no choice but to be cheery around them, or if being around sick people puts your life into perspective, or if taking care of people really does just genuinely make me happy. Probably a combination of all of the above. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.
  • Summer is just around the corner, and with summer comes vacations, possibly an Ocho gathering of some sort, and of course, POOL TIME. :)
Meh. Anyone else with a case of the Mondays? Or have happy thoughts to share? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment