Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I am normally the type of person who starts listening to Christmas music halfway through November. I have decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. I get my Christmas shopping done early, and I am always super super excited about the holidays. For some reason this year I have been totally lacking in Christmas spirit. Up until last night I was incapable of listening to xmas music. (No seriously, I would try but when I'd listen to a song, about 1 verse into it I'd have to change the radio station. Weird, right?) And I've been totally slacking on my shopping ideas. I dont know if its because I havent gotten around to decorating so it just doesnt feel like Christmas, or if its because I have a shitty work schedule (Christmas day is day 1 of 4 in a row. I know, it blows. I dont want to talk about it) so I havent been excited about it because I know I wony be able to enjoy it as much as I'd like. Either way, someone/something stole my Christmas Spirit. I even tried watching Elf, which of course I thoroughly enjoyed, but it still didnt put me in the Christmas mood.

But! I am excited to say I finally found it! My Christmas Spirit, that is. Yay! It took my parents forcing me to decorate the basement and a little help from the cast of Glee singing some Christmas carols, but I'm FINALLY excited/ready for Christmas! The decorations are up, the tree is lit, most of my presents are wrapped, and I finally watched Love Actually, which is the true start of the holiday season. :) Yay for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment