Wednesday, June 30, 2010

:-D

Conversation I had yesterday afternoon with 2 doctors who have previously worked on our unit:

Andy (to my roommate Caroline in regards to working as a nurse on 6 Bles): "So are you off orientation and all that?"
Caroline: "Yeah..."
Me: "Of course, seeing as she's been there for a year now."
Andy: "She's already been there for a year? How long have you been there?"
Me: "A year."
Andy: "You guys started at the same time?"
Me: "Yeah. We both started in July."
Matt: "Wait! You just started last year?"
Me: "Yeah. You didn't know that? I'm technically still a new grad. We actually started when you guys started."
Matt: "I didnt know that! I didnt think you were new."

Later that night....

Me: "I cant believe you didnt know I was a new grad."
Matt: "Yeah, I had no idea."
Me: "Well, I guess that's a good thing right? That you couldnt tell I was new?"
Matt: "No, absolutely. You didnt seem like it."
Me: "Really? Well good, that makes me feel better about myself, about me as a nurse."
Matt: "Oh yeah, definitely. You're a good nurse! I never would've thought you were new!"

:) Totally made my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment