Thursday, May 6, 2010

quarter life crisis

Ok, so its not really a "crisis" but recently I've been re-evaluating things. For one, EVERYONE is engaged/married. Seriously? And the ones who do not fall in this category are in serious relationships that will probably be taking the next step soon. When I was younger I pictured myself married at 27 or 28 and then having my first child at 30. If that were still going to be the case, then I would have to start dating my future husband, oh... last month. That's not to say that I want to be married just yet, because I dont. I cant picture myself as a wife right now or think about possibly having kids in the near future. But I'd like to be a step closer than I am. Because I'm not close at all. Not even a little bit. And dont get me wrong, I love my life. I love my friends. I have a great time and enjoy single life, etc. But sometimes it just gets old, you know. (Plus boys are stupid and frustrating, but thats another story)

Second, so many of my friends are going back to school and furthering their degrees. I know I just graduated and I'm still a new nurse, but people keep asking me, "what's next?" "When are you going back to school?" I have no idea what's next. I know I'll eventually go back to school but I have no idea when or for what. I know I need to do it relatively soon because I'd really like to be done with school by the time I'm 30, but at this rate I dont think that's going to happen.

Finally, my friend is going to Haiti with her mom (they're both nurses) and doing volunteer work. I want to do that. I want to make a difference. I want to make something of my life.

Mreh. I just feel so unaccomplished right now and I feel kinda lost since I dont have all these big life plans like everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment