Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Type A-ness

If you know me, you know I can be very Type A at times. I like to be organized and have a plan. Obviously there are times when I prefer to play it by ear like when deciding "what am I gonna do on my day off" or "hmm, which bars should we go to tonight?" But when I already have a set plan, and I've made adjustments to fit that plan I prefer to stick to it. Of course, you learn that in life things dont always go smoothly. I get reminded of that every day at work. When your patients' days can turn at the drop of a hat and when you have doctors telling you to do stuff in addition to the million things you already had written on your To-Do list, you get really good at adjusting your schedule and constantly reorganizing your day. But that is work life. And I always come into work knowing that my day will never go exactly as I plan for it to.

My home life and things like making plans with friends are a little different. I dont like when people flake. And I especially dont like it when I predict they'll flake. Its disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment