Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"I play 2nd."

You may know that I can be just a *tad* competitive at pretty much all things in life :) softball included. Now I will be the first to admit that I am by no means an all-star softball player, (I actually tend to pull myself off the mound if I'm not satisfied with my pitching) but I'd like to think I can hold my own in a softball game. But, there is a girl on my new softball team and I'm sorry, but she needs off the team. Like, 2 games ago. And dont get me wrong, I am all for letting everyone play, having fun, enjoying the game, etc and I'm not saying we have to win every game. In fact our spring league team only won one game but we worked as a team and had a great time playing, and it was awesome. This new team is a disaster. First of all, we have a TON of people, which is nice, but that just means we need to sub people in and out almost every inning and therefore can never figure out a good fielding setup. And it doesnt help that our "coach" doesnt bother to plan ahead and try to come up with positions/sub-rotations prior to the game. Second, it takes us forever to get through our batting line-up and I want to bat!!

But back to this girl... She shows up in jean shorts and a cute shirt not looking like she's ready to play softball. Then she matter-of-factly states "I play 2nd." (I'm so glad I was standing behind her when she said this b/c without realizing it I apparently looked her up and down with a look of disgust on my face. haha oops. :)) So she starts off the game playing 2nd base. The chick doesnt even know where to stand when playing 2nd!! Here's a little hint, missy: You dont actually play your position on the bag the entire time. And even if you wanted to play your position from there, at least step off the bag for a hot second to field a grounder that's hit 2 feet to your left! UGH. Needless to say we all vetoed her going back onto the field for the rest of the game. AND she hits the ball and DOESNT run to first! They tagged her out b/c she just stood there. Are you F-ing kidding me?! Off the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment