Tuesday, August 3, 2010

southern shenanigans

This past weekend I decided to take a little roadtrip down south. I spent Thursday night in Winston with my friend Adam (aka Egon), who goes to med school there. Then Friday I drove down to Charleston where Katie lives and met up with her and E-Beth. The following is a list of quotes that resulted from the 3 of us spending 3 days together. (Sorry a lot of them dont make sense to those who werent there, but this post is primarily for K & E):
  • "Back off, tool!" (so versatile. can be used in almost any situation!)
  • "It's like real people live here!"
  • "I can sign this paper and it's, like, legit."
  • "Excellence is never an accident." (possibly the new Ocho motto?)
  • "I love petting people."
  • Moth to a flame.
  • "Sometimes I'm shocked when people dont talk to us. They must be gay."
  • "Someone needs to get me a beverage!"
  • "I don't think I'm drunk enough for this bar."
  • "I can maybe pull it down a little, but I'm NOT taking it off!" (ahh, so classy. :-P)
  • "Y'all are leaving me with the chubby one!!"
  • "Lot's of shenanigans but no offspring." --our tour guide
  • "They're gonna be like, 'who are these hot women with the man voice??'"
  • "Two-handed game! TWO-HANDED GAME!!"
  • "Sorry if I sodomized you."
    "...I'm not."
  • "Nikki, you have to hook up with him so I can hook up with his roommate."
    "Is he cute?"
    "...Well... he's the one who said he couldnt tan..."
  • "What if he's a troll?"
    "Whatever, then he can talk to dump truck."
  • "Aw, he's so nice!"
    "It's gonna be so nice when I fuck his roommate."
  • "Poor gal."
    "...Um, I said 'gal' not 'cow'"
    "That's what I said! "GAL!""
  • "It surprises me that no one from our group has hooked up with him."
    "Why, because we're a bunch of sluts?"

I stayed in SC till Sunday afternoon, when I left to go back up to Charlotte to stay with Danielle and Mike. And I was lucky enough to hang out with Ben, who I hadnt seen in forever as well. It was a nice little Ocho abridged weekend -- very much needed. I want another one ASAP. Seeing everyone almost makes me want to move to NC. ...Almost. Sorry kids, I love me some DC life. Anyway, other highlights from the trip:
  • Listening to the Glee soundtrack during all 4 car rides
  • awkward med students
  • realizing how much I dont miss college drama
  • also realizing how glad I am that my circle of friends is primarily unmarried and childless (no offense to my married friends, I love you!)
  • getting our pic taken by the paparazzi and making The Ocho that much more famous :-p
  • carriage ride through Charleston
  • Running into D. Cross in downtown Charleston. small world!
  • bringing back the man voice.
  • flip cup on quite possibly the tiniest table EVER.
  • dancing at Off the Hook and intimidating every guy there (no but really, my quads are a little sore and i'm pretty sure thats the reason)
  • D's adorable little home (seriously, since when are my friends "real people"?)
  • catching up with Dr. Morel (so weird to call him that!!) and hearing about his ED adventures
  • Bojangles for the first time in about 3 years

Soooo... is it homecoming yet??

1 comment: